Friday, August 04, 2006

Some odd thoughts about enhancement

The extra testoterone in our Tour de France bike-rider is still in the news. Thinking a bit about that. Two thoughts, really. One, I just went through a round of steroids combined with antibiotics for a sinus infection. How many drug tests would that kick me out of?

More, we're moving into the bionic people age. There are prosthetics out there that are a lot stronger than regular feet - we'll be making better athletes than anyone can be naturally soon. Heck, one of the few unintended and positive side affects of this really horrid war in Iraq is a lot of forward progress on prosthetics.

Do we have a whole set of different sports events for the genetically or bionically enhanced? Or does the special olympics become more interesting than the regular olympics?

Notice I didn't say "better" - that's a tough call.

Thinsg to ponder. I feel a story coming on....

1 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, Brenda, I feel a story coming on, too, as I'm such a sportswoman! Wanna collaborate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home