Saturday, December 25, 2004

The Light Wind of Peace: Prayers in the Night

Just as I was drifting off to sleep last night, it struck me how many people across the world must be praying for peace. It was, after all, Christams Eve in a confusing, dififcult, and scary world.

It felt asif those prayers for peace came through and shook me gently, requesting a prayer from me, adding my voice, and went on to next place, while I drifted to a sound sleep, touched by hope.

I'm not a member of any organized religion - not Christian or Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist or Sikh or Hindu - but I find them all beautiful in the heart. And certainly this is a day when the world stops for a moment and shares good things...when a thousand thousand small miracles occur, more small miracles than small disappointments. Good and evil occur on all days, including Christmas, but perhaps, on Christmas, the balance favors the good.

May the collective prayers of each and every one of us for peace be heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home