Thursday, August 11, 2005

Back Home

Back in the states, quite pleased with my experiences at Worldcon in Glasgow. I've decided those people "over there" know how to put on a really good convention. For me, Worldcons are usually punctuated with highs and lows, with easy good experiences and with high spots in my career, nice dinners, the insights of brilliant speakers, and then a disqueting sense of feeling alone amongst so many people. Interaction in Glasgow was simply a good time. It had the right highs - and not one moment in which I felt lost and adrift even though I was travelling alone in a strange country. Nice job.

Almost as good, I came home to two books I can't wait to read - Jacqueline Carey's Godslayer, which I'd ordered months ago, and Lady of Mazes by Karl Shroeder, which I discovered was out while I was at the con and which I ordered an hour later from Amazon (Karl is an amazing post-human writer). And bless Amazon for having it waiting for me. Now I just have to decide where to start.

Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home