Friday, December 31, 2004

December Musings (Peeled from my web page as I update for the new year):

Well, I started a blog this month, mostly to capture these musings, and also, perhaps, to share more of the information that seems pertinent about politics and other issues relating to creating a better world. Kind of a follow-on from last month's musings, and that it seems like a more important time than ever to work toward a better world. But when does that not matter?

I also have some new postings at Futurist.com: a message about the new year written with Glen, a commentary on the war, a note about the Ansari X-Prize, and another one about the new law in California that supports stem cell research.

I do want to wish all a good holiday season, and great new year in 2005.

December's Reading Recommendations:

A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula LeGuin
I'm re-reading this series to prepare for the movies coming out, and will probably blog about the screening of part one I'm going to at the Science Fiction Museum today. Boy, do I ever love Ursula's prose. I read this once, a long time ago, and re-reading the series has been a true joy.

David Brin's article: The Real Culture War
An excellent, thoughtful essay on how we may actually be divided more by how we choose to view the future than by left-right axis politics. Glen and I also referenced this article in our article on Futurist.com in our New Year story.

Lian Hearn's Tales of The Otori series:
I picked up the first of these three books, Across the Nightingale Floor, and ripped through them all in a week. GREAT writing, a wonderful world....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home